Canada Temporary Residence

Temporary Resident Permit | Electronic Travel Authorizations | Study Permit | Work Permit

Immigration Consultant in Mississauga, Brampton, ON

A foreign national who is legally authorized to enter Canada for temporary purposes is called Temporary Resident. Foreign nationals would be granted a temporary resident status when they have been found to meet the requirements of the legislation to enter and/or remain in Canada as a visitor, student, worker or temporary resident permit holder. Only foreign nationals physically in Canada hold temporary resident status. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada processes these applications under several categories:

  • Temporary resident visas (TRV)
  • Electronic travel authorizations (ETA)
  • International students or holders of Study Permit (SP)
  • Temporary workers or holders of Work Permit (WP)
  • Temporary resident permits (TRP)

Temporary residents are subject to various conditions, such as the length of their stay in Canada.