Immigration Consultant in Mississauga, Brampton, ON
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must:
- be a permanent resident
- have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
- prove your English or French language skills
- have filed your taxes, if you need to
- pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada
Other requirements may apply.
There are additional or different requirements if you are:
- applying for a minor (under age 18)
- a Canadian applying for your adopted child born outside Canada
- a current or former Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) member applying under the fast-track process
- a past Canadian citizen who want your Canadian citizenship back (including current and former CAF members)
- If you have lived in Canada as Temporary Resident, before becoming Permanent Resident
You do not automatically become a citizen when you marry a Canadian.
If you’re the spouse of a Canadian citizen, you must meet the same requirements listed above (no exception).
If you have a Canadian parent or grandparent, you may be a Canadian citizen.
Right Source Immigration Canada helps in all matters related with Canadian Citizenship Applications. Please Contact Us for help.